Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Butterfly Circus

As I have already mentioned in my previous post, I attended to my first lesson of International English today. During class, we watched a short film called "The Butterfly Circus" and we were assigned to make a blog post about it. I would suggest watching the film yourself before reading this, as this post contains spoilers. The film revolves around a circus called the Butterfly Circus, its ringmaster and its performers, whereas each performer have been through hard life struggles. Before joining the circus, all of the performers found themselves as failures.

The ringmaster has a talent for seeing the potential hidden within these "failures". From that, he helped them back on their feet by letting them know of their strength. In my opinion, the most admirable quote of the movie was: "The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph". This was said by the ringmaster while he was trying to convince William, a man with no arms or legs, that he could be a circus artist aswell, if only he would believe in himself and recognize his own strength. He eventually finds his strength, and becomes an admired performer. The circus was surely named after its performers, comparing them to cocoons who have spread their wings to become wonderful butterflies.

I found the film very touching and well made, and i would definately recommend watching it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I agree with you the circus is named after all the performers! The ringmaster has a true talent himself! Seeing the potential in everyone!

    ReplyDelete